Wednesday, November 5, 2014

My Natural Hair Journey

I began my natural hair journey in December of 2012. 

              I was wearing my hair in a short pixie cut and decided to grow it out with weaves and wigs. I kept my hair braided and would shampoo and condition biweekly. I saw a lot of growth in doing this however I realized later that I really put my precious edges and leave out through a lot and they were in need of some repair. From there I starting doing the u-part wig thing. So I would make them and in consideration of my fragile sides I would secure the wig in areas such as behind the ear and around the top and back. That seemed to help some. 

              Now I'm approaching two years natural and will let you be the judge as to how much hair I've retained. I've had to trim quite a bit of hair and could probably be due for a good trim right now. Now a days I try to use flat iron heat no more than once a month sometimes a little longer. I must admit I will blow dry my hair lightly with medium heat to stretch my flexi rod sets out..please don't judge me :( I mainly wear my hair in flexi rod sets either all out or in an up do or I've been loving the convenience of my faux locs. I will blow my hair out from time to time like I've said earlier and when I do I normally keep it that way for about week before it starts feeling stiff . 

                                         1ST Year Progress 
2nd Year Progress


No comments:

Post a Comment