Sunday, February 15, 2015

My Favorite Protective Style!!!

 



I have my faux locs again and like i told my sister and mother I have no removal date in sight lol (being dramatic) but they are my favorite go to style. 

This is my third time doing my faux locs and as the pic shows  decided to throw some color in there.  I used the Reggae Braid Marley in the colors 1B, 1B/ 33, 4. My locs sit right about my belt loop. I used approximately 8.5 bags of hair. Ive had my locs since January 27 and as they grow out I love them more because my roots are puffy, and it looks more natural. 

A quick recap of some of my FAQS:

Q: Did you braid your hair before and then wrap them?

A: No, I shampooed, deep conditioned and trimmed, before coating my hair in Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner. I wondered if there would be any repercussions of not braiding my hair first but I did not receive excessive shedding so I have done my method each time.

Q: Are they heavy?

A: Not nearly as heavy as I thought they would be. They aren't weightless so they will be an adjustment but I find goddess braids, box braids to be heavier.  When I pick up a loc and demonstrate to people how light weight they are they are pleasantly surprised. 



Q: How long do they take? 
A: When I do relatively thin 16" locs it takes 6.5 hours. On myself it takes about 8 hours. For lengths as long as the locs I have now I spend about 4 minutes on each.








No comments:

Post a Comment